Have you seen our Nephele Bag range? It's one of the collections I am most proud of. Nephele make beautiful one off bags from Leather off cuts that were destined for landfill.
Each bag is brought together with an assortment of leather panels that will differ in colour and texture and create unique bags with no two ever being the same. Included in the assortment of leather is always a distinct textured panel of cow hide that is typically painted to resemble an animal print.
Being made entirely from leather these bags will give customers years of enjoyment. Every bag is conditioned with a leather balm during manufacturing but there are some things you can and should do to help prolong the life of your bag.
1. Leather is a natural product, it can stretch and change shape. To ensure this doesn't happen Nephele recommend that you avoid over filling your bag. This will help to maintain the original shape and avoid stretching the stitching.
2. You can scratch leather during normal use. Take the time to clean the leather. We recommend using a gentle leather cleaner to help remove any marks and to keep the leather soft. Leather cleaner is widely available from good shoe shops, hardware stores and online.
3. Be aware of your textured panel. Avoid constant contact with the hair on leather panel of your bag. Excessive contact can cause a rubbing effect and may over time lead to balding. Use the leather clasps to open your bag of lift the textured panel by placing your fingers on the underside of the panel.
4. If the leather gets wet gently wipe over with a clean damp cloth and dab dry. Never place your bag on a radiator or in front of a fire to dry out.
5. If you are swapping out your Nephele bag its a good idea to store it in a dustbag, this will help to prevent scratches whilst in storage. Always make sure your bag is stored out of direct sunlight to avoid fading. Leather requires good ventilation and should always be stored at room temperature to avoid the leather drying out and cracking.
If you haven't seen our current collection of Nephele bags please check them out here.
Thanks for reading.